Advertising Mania- True Promotion For Everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review template

3 posters

Go down

Review template Empty Review template

Post by Linky 2010-01-03, 00:54

Hey guys!

Someone should make a review template, I can help out with reviews if someone makes one.

Linky
Linky
Advanced Poster (+100)

AM$ : 1146

Back to top Go down

Review template Empty Re: Review template

Post by StevenF50 2010-01-04, 00:59

Yes I can't make them mine are rubbish ask cooltwig

Last edited by StevenF50 on 2010-09-11, 04:32; edited 1 time in total
StevenF50
StevenF50
Founder
Founder

AM$ : 6218

Back to top Go down

Post by cooltwig 2010-01-04, 04:26

Im no good at templates but ill ask a few people and see what i get
cooltwig
Leader
Leader

AM$ : 1045

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenF50 2010-01-04, 04:28

Okay thanks
StevenF50
StevenF50
Founder
Founder

AM$ : 6218

Back to top Go down

Post by cooltwig 2010-01-04, 04:46

Thats my template ignore the writing but thats the basic structure-its forum promotions but i didnt have copywright on

First Impressions & Appearance - (Out of 20)
First off, I love the slogan. "Strategies, not archives". That is really catchy and is probably the truth about the site. I will make this the biggest section as stated in the request.

Well I really like the theme, but RuneScape is a very graphical game. Woulden't you think the theme would be too? Try and spice it up a little by adding some more colors, some green and maybe add a real screenshot in the background of the game, making the main content a little transparent. That would add a cool effect and isin't to hard to do. On the front page It is hard to read the black text with a stone background. Try changing that for easier reading. I love how the theme transfers from the index to the board. It is an nice transfer and fits in very well.

The stone menu looks great, however the yellow isn't too attractive on hover-over. I recommend a color that blends in the spectrum of gray. Also one of the links is broken. Tools. If this is still working I understand that, felt it should be brought up however. The menu on the left of non forum pages is really 'smexy'! I like it and is quick access to anything on the page. I suggest you add, however, a update area. Like "Latest News" part of the menu to see the newest guides.

All around it is very user friendly and I like it, a lot. I see a difference though. When I go to /index.php, the nav bar is messed up, but when I visit without adding the /index.php it is fixed. Very odd and is something messed up in your index. If you need a screen shot, PM Me and I can provide it. the introduction post shoulden't be as long as it is, because the quick access isn't so quick for me. I have to roll past it. I am not sure if for registered users, the post goes away, but it gets hard to view the actual content.
(Scored 19/20)

Site Layout - (Out of 20)
The site is layed out pretty well, but I suggest what was stated earlier, removing the introduction post after someone is registered on the homepage to avoid loss of content. as for the forum, you are using the basic tree layout. I relize almost every forum these days does that but hasen't anyone dared to be different?

I suggest a bigger off topic section and maybe something that makes your runescape forum different. All I see is basic Runescape discussion, get into it a little more. I like the guides page, it gets me to the content I want, it is like a drive through in a forum! I really enjoy that page. I like the Site Info page a lot. Though I forgot I was still site manager *cough*.

(Scored 18/20)

Statistics and Activity - (Out of 20)
As you said, this area should not be focused on, so this will be rather brief. you have almost 1,000 posts and you arn't even open yet! You also have regular posters, not just staff posting, which is the best way to go.
(Scored 17/20)

Staff Moderation - (Out of 20)
I like the submissions area for the guides. It looks well moderated and you get high kudos if you are dedicated to go out and even try the guide. That is awesome. I would include some kind of format though. So it is easier indexed and found. Using [tags] to help scroll and find fast.

Anyways, you have a good amount of staff for the forum, and the site in general. Good job.
(Scored 19/20)

Spelling/Grammar & Professionalism - (Out of 20)
"The Welcome Hall" Post an introduction topic here! I would add something to it. "Let us know a bit about you before you post by creating a topic about yourself in here.". Or some other kind of revision.
The forums have good spelling and grammar. I can't spell check the whole site, wish I could, but as a glance over a few pages, the pages on the site look rather checked well. You've done well watching what you post to the front pages and on the forum, your posts are professional and sturdy. Kudos!
(Scored 19/20)

Total Score - (92 of 100)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Remarks:
A great looking site, the first I have seen that takes a great new approach to Runescape gaming and guides. I can't wait to see it develop in the future!
What was most liked about the website/forums:
The easy access and great guides.
What was disliked most about the website/forums:
The background.
How could I get you (The Reviewer) to join my website?
Work on these things and spice it up a bit, it feels like a dull place for most of the pages.
cooltwig
Leader
Leader

AM$ : 1045

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenF50 2010-12-24, 01:01

I'll be making a new one.
StevenF50
StevenF50
Founder
Founder